Construction activities and closures are subject to change.
Work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted.
- Leland Way Channel Cap: Forming and pouring footers and barriers. Flaggers will be on site to ensure street and driveway access at all times.
- Empire Avenue Interchange/Undercrossing: Through the end of April, crews are installing metal plates and beams for shoring on the southbound I-5 shoulder near the old San Fernando tunnel. The work is necessary to construct the new Empire Avenue interchange. This operation is now occurring during the day, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Residents may notice some noise and/or vibration while this work is underway.
- Lincoln Street/Victory Place Improvements: Signal work. Lincoln Street is now OPEN at Victory Place.
- Temporary Railroad Tracks: Drilling and installation of metal plates for the shoring wall needed for the temporary tracks by Empire Avenue. There may be some noise and vibration during both night and daytime hours.
- Retaining Wall/Soundwall Work (excavation, concrete pours): Work will occur at the following locations:
- Near the southbound I-5 Empire Avenue on- and off-ramps
- Old Southbound Scott Road off-ramp
- South of Buena Vista Street
- Southbound I-5 Buena Vista on-ramp
- Buena Vista Street Undercrossing: Drainage work and backfilling.
Concrete Recycling: Crushing of concrete near the old Scott Road off-ramp (day and night work).
Closures & Detours
- Two lanes of northbound Buena Vista Street between San Fernando Boulevard and Winona Avenue from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Intermittent daytime closures of one lane of northbound Buena Vista Street between San Fernando Boulevard and Winona Avenue.
- Intermittent daytime closures on Victory Place near Empire Avenue. Flaggers will ensure that traffic flow is maintained in both directions.
The right turn pocket from westbound San Fernando Boulevard to northbound Buena Vista Street will be closed for two years, beginning the week of April 12, 2015. This closure is necessary to implement signal improvements for the temporary railroad tracks.