Reopening Schools: Teacher Vaccines Start
Vaccinations get us closer to safer reopening
As a parent, teacher and Chair of the Assembly Education Committee, I am working hard to ensure our schools can safely reopen as soon as possible. As early as January 25, Long Beach Unified School District will start vaccinating teachers. LA County is expected to start in about three weeks.
- If you are a Long Beach School District teacher, you should have received an email with information regarding the rollout on January 25th.
- If you have not received an email, you should contact your school administrator. They can contact the Health Department on your behalf.
- If you live in Long Beach and teach elsewhere, please first work with your employer to receive the vaccine. If you have not heard from your employer, please call 562-570-INFO (4636), option 6 or email COVID19Vaccine@longbeach.gov. Given the City of Long Beach has its own Health Department, they will be there for you as well.
CSU Long Beach
- California State University, Long Beach anticipates vaccines for employees arriving in February.
Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles County is finishing up their first phase and expects to make vaccines available to teachers in early February.